Anger is sometimes a healthy emotion or feeling when expressed in the right way. But when anger takes over your emotions it destroys your peace, health, and personality. Anger is "an emotional state that varies in intensity from mild irritation to intense fury and rage," according to Charles Spielberger, Ph.D., a psychologist who specializes in the study of anger. There may be many reasons for anger which is personal or professional; you may not like the way someone is talking to you, approach in someone’s work, a traffic jam, a difference of opinion with a friend, etc. Anger management skills are important:
- To identify and resolve your causes of anger
- To work on negative thinking and experiences
- Dealing with frequent arguments
- Overcoming impatience, irritation, frustration, fear emotions
- Mending out of the control behavior
- Dealing with anxiety and depression.